- I think the earth is most likely a better place with him gone.
- Can I now keep my shoes on at the airport?
- Cheering over the death of another human being bothers me a bit, even for a creature as despicable as OBL.
- The angle about the U.S. getting rid of the body before anyone even knew what happened seems a bit peculiar, and convenient. I’m not a conspiracy guy, and maybe there’s nothing more to the story, but it does strike me as odd.
- Do we get our liberties back? Can the TSA and Homeland Security be shut-down? Will we leave Afghanistan?
- First the White House claimed that OBL was shot while trying to defend himself with a gun. Then they changed the story to say that he had no weapon. The changing of the story is odd. And if the second version is true, wouldn’t shooting an unarmed man in the head be murder? Surely, without a weapon this 53 year-old man with many health problems would have been no match for Navy SEALs trying to take him into custody?
- Definitely read what the always astute Dr. Higgs has to say.
Killing of bin Laden: What are the consequences?
Killing a Man Does Not Testify to National Greatness
And the War Goes On, and On, and On
White House changes Osama bin Laden account
Why bin Laden’s Ghost Is Smiling by Eric Margolis
WikiLeaks: Osama bin Laden ‘protected’ by Pakistani security
White House: bin Laden not armed when killed by US forces in raid of his compound
The Helicopter That Crashed in the Bin Laden Raid Was a Secret Stealth Helicopter
In bin Laden killing, media — as usual — regurgitates false Government claims
Dead Men Tell No Tales